Significant financial donations have been provided to charities assisting Tsunami victims in the Andaman and Nicobar islands, and in 2010 humanitarian assistance to earthquake victims in Haiti via the Belgian national co-ordinator.
The Belgian team consists of
- Johan Rens, Elsa Massei, Robert Verhaegen, Ann Massei, Stef Vekemans, Leen Massei, Jan Van de Voorde, Evelien Rens, Marieke Verhaegen-Massei, Lissa Rens, Maaike Van Den Broeck ,
- and international guests:
- Sharron Lyons and Sandy Bosma (Muscles for Charity Canada),
- Glenna Trout, Ed Usher, Steve Kent, Nina Kaszina, Elaine Palmer, Alan Seaman, Bernie Morgan, Kev Farnworth, Richard Crabtree, Nick Bentley, Phil Boswell, Tony Spry, Doug Payne, Adam Osborne, Kate Osborne, Terry Titmus, Alan Townsend and John Bishop (Muscles for Charity UK),
- John Marx, Steve Milliken, Amy Milliken, Brenda Cartwright, Chris Manos, Amy Soto, Frank Soto and Mark Eichin (Muscles for Charity USA)
Members of the Belgian team also received the ‘High Sheriffs Award’ in England for the volunteers outstanding commitment to helping people in the community. Johan Rens and Robert Verhaegen proudly display their certificates which were presented during a Muscles project in southern Austria during the summer of 2010. Visit the Muscles UK 2010 Project page for more pictures of the Austrian adventure
The ‘Black Capris’ consists of Muscles volunteers Stef and Rob, and (lyricist) Ann.